- Chakrabati A and Harou A, Fanzo J, Palm C (2022). “Exploring agriculture-child nutrition pathways: evidence from Malawi’s Farm Input Subsidy Program”. Food Security, revise and resubmit.
- Tamim A*, Harou A, Burke M, Lobell D, Madajewicz M, Magomba C, Michelson H, Palm C, Xue J (2023). “Relaxing Information and Credit Constraints: 5-Year Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in Tanzania”. Submitted.
- Lasdun V*, Harou A, Magomba C, Guereña D (2023). “Peer learning in a digital farmer-to-farmer network: Effects on technology adoption and self-efficacy beliefs”. Under review.
- Ghimire T*, Harou A, Balasubramanya S (2023). “Migration, gender labor division and food security in Tajikistan”. Food Policy, forthcoming.
- Vasilaky K, Harou A, Alfredo K (2023). “What works for water conservation? Evidence from a field experiment in India”. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, forthcoming.
- Lasdun V*, Harou A, Magomba C, Aku A (2023). “COVID-19, climate shocks, and food security linkages: Evidence and perceptions from smallholder farming communities in Tanzania”. Environment and Development Economics, forthcoming.
- Giulivi N*, Harou A, Guerena D, Gautam S (2023). “Getting the message out: Information and communication technologies and agricultural extension”. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, forthcoming.
- Harou A, Madajewicz M, Michelson H, Palm C, Nyambilila A, Magomba C, Semoka J, Tschirhart K, Weil R (2022).“The joint effects of information and financing constraints on technology adoption: evidence from a field experiment in rural Tanzania”. Journal of Development Economics 155: 1-17.
- Mondal P, DeFries R, Clark J, Flowerhill N, Arif M, Harou A, Downs S, Fanzo J (2021). “Implications of agricultural intensification for dietary diversity and food security in rural India”. Environmental Research Letters 16(6): 1-12.
- Harou A (2018). “Unraveling the effect of targeted input subsidies on dietary diversity in household consumption and child nutrition: the case of Malawi”. World Development 106: 124-135.
- Harou A, Walker T and Barrett C (2017). “Is late really better than never? The farmer welfare effects of pineapple adoption in Ghana”. Agricultural Economics 48(2): 153-164.
- Harou A, Liu Y, Barrett C and You L (2017). “Variable returns to fertilizer use and its relationship to poverty: experimental and simulation evidence from Malawi”. Journal of African Economies 26(3): 342-371.
- Harou A and Upton J, Gomez M, Barrett C and Lentz E (2013). “Trade-offs or synergies? Assessing local and regional procurement through comprehensive case studies in Burkina Faso and Guatemala”, World Development, 49: 44-57.
- Violette W, Harou A, Upton J, Bell S, Barrett C, Gomez M and Lentz E (2013).”Recipients Satisfaction with Locally Procured Food Aid Rations: Comparative Evidence from A Three Country Matched Survey”, World Development, 49: 30-43.
- Harou A, Kniveton D, Frogley M and Lajoie R (2006). “The Influence of the Indian Ocean dipole mode on precipitation over the Seychelles”, International Journal of Climatology, 26:1, 45-54.
- Harou A and Vasilaky K, Lee C and Osgood D (2023). “The effect of timely disaster response on labor outcomes in the Philippines”.
- Tamim A* and Harou A (2023). “The role of subjective expectation updating on information retention and adoption: evidence from Tanzania”.
- Aubrac C*, Harou A, Balasubramanya S, Magomba C and Vasilaky K (2023). “Realized and elicited cooperation under water scarcity: Evidence from a field experiment in Tanzania”.
- Li M*, Harou A, Chakrabati A (2023). “Examining the effects of agricultural intensification on resiliency, nutrition and food security”.
- Harou A, Moyo M, Liu J* (2021). “Fuel and food prices: comparing qualitative and quantitative methods”.
- Stratica C* and Harou A (2021). “The effect of prices and climate shocks on post-harvest storage behaviour”.
- Harou A, Gomez M, Barrett C, Lentz E and Garg T (2013).“The Pros and Cons of Local Food Procurement in Emergency Relief Response in Guatemala”.
*Denotes students I supervise or have supervised.